I joined the world of smart phones in June 2012 after my trusty, but evidently dumb ENV-3 decided to stop working as a phone, refused to allow certain letters to show in texts, and the screen popped off… thus becoming entirely useless, except for the awesome street-cred I got when showing up to parties with this guy:
Once I was finally united with my baby (otherwise known as my Galaxy Nexus) I began to see the world in a whole new way. AKA I started taking note of the odd, hilarious, and ironic images around me, especially while at college. (I mean, college is a strange concept anyway: Let’s place all of these confused kids together on a block, take away the adults, and see what happens….)
SO, here are the 22 strangest, funniest, or most ironic images I have captured while at this strange institution called college, things that I have noticed and just thought to myself “…but why?”
1. The important staples of any college party: 5 pieces of cheese, a few crackers, brownie crumbs, a solo cup…and a Natty.
Clearly they don’t offer a “How to Host a Proper Gathering” course, here. At least you can wash down the half a piece of cheese you manage to acquire with some oh-so-delicious Natty light.
2. I think they’re doing “vegetable” wrong…
How to get that beefy flavor without having to chew it!
3. Birthday wan-tan.
The name says it all. For when you want the celebration but not the cake.
4. Birthday Explosion.
This might be a fire-hazard…
5. College student, or culinary genius?
Nutella & PB on one piece, mustard and cheese on the other…
I’ll admit this was me…it seemed like a good idea at the time…
6. Lovely and affordable wall decor for the student on a budget.
Lookin’ like a fool with yo’ pants on the wall.
7. Pants on the wall with a plastic pony in them.
Because that makes perfect sense…
8. A pair for every room in your tiny college-owned house makes it feel more like home.
I think we’re really onto a new trend here…
9. Don’t forget your classy table settings.
Make sure it’s crappy alcohol- the cheapest empty handle of vodka will make the best looking vase.
10. Childhood toys can also be used for decorating your college housing.
Check to see if it’s in some weird assortment that will probably fall down soon though- it keeps the suspense high.
11. This…just this…
Rollin’ wit da homiez.
12. Closet door removed from the closet can also make a convenient coat rack!
Or it can be left on the closet and remain a convenient coat rack…
13. Moochers gonna mooch.
Ladybug drinking my beer….anything for a free drink around here.
14. The mathematical equation proving that God exists?
Or studying for finals for different classes made everyone a little crazy….
15. That…seems illegal.
16. At least we’re all mature here.
Located conveniently in the bathroom so you can take notes as you do your doodie.
17. Fire pit gone horribly wrong.
Or amazingly right?
18. Kiddie pool on top of deck?
Why not? We have “adult” supervision.
19. I question my test taking abilities…I question even more how they work out for me…
But I’m glad they do.
20. My Photo notes.
Use a filter, and burn the THC? I swear this is about photography and not marijuana in any way….
21. The perfect place for Mr. Potato Head.
Clearly that dish washer isn’t ever used for its intended purpose…
22. Sudden sleep for women- the new roofie?
Like…why does this exist?
And there ya have it, 22 things I have seen that have struck me as sharing-worthy to celebrate my 22nd birthday. (Okay, I just threw that in there, the number was a coincidence.)
**Some of these strange things were my own doing…I’m not sorry…Pants are a convenient decoration and I love playing with toys.